Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT65 running rich

Hello,

I am tim,new to the forum and I live in Belgium.
    A good friend of mine bought a zodiac powred by a Suzuki DT65.
    The boat had been in storage for 5 or 6 years. He took the boat for a litle test run and it did not run so great.
    It smoked heavely and used a lot of fuel for a short run. He asked me to take a look at it. I am a marine diesel engine mechanic but have litle experience with
    outboard engines. The engine must be running to rich for some reason. Could it be a problem with the automatic choke or wil the problem be inside the carburetor? Sticking
    floats?

Sounds like there could be a problem with blocked fuel, or air pas-sages in the carbs. When removing each jet for cleaning make notes on the number of turns the idle air mixture screws are set at before removal. All the air mixture screws should be set identically per the manual, if not the same someone has changed them?

Make sure you blow good compressed air through ALL the tiny holes, throughout the carbs. And do not mix-up any of the jets between carbs. Some of the older carbs had different size jets depending on the position of the carb (top, middle, or bottom)?

Good luck, post back on what you find out.

Comment

Working...
    X