Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT15 probs

Hi all, first post here.
    I've just bought a DT15C (1996 I think) and unfortunately looks like I've been had!
    Apart from the lower unit she starts and runs well, briefly. But noticed the water pump wasn't pumping so took the lower unit off and the bottom water pump housing had corroded away the alloy so need a new(old) one of those. The impeller wear plate was bulging because of the build up of calcium? corrosion.
    Any way also loosened the flush nut and created a small hole in the inner flange of the housing. Epoxy the hole up completely and look out for a new compete lower unit?
    Where to best source parts/spares folks?

Guess it's all going to cost more than I wanted.. or do I just sell for parts, a shame imo as the rest of the outboard is in good condition and not long serviced before last bit of use by the looks of it.

Looks like it wasn't laid up properly since it's last use in saltwater.. a few years ago, gutted
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bristol badger; 06-09-2019, 02:31 PM.

That is just the bearing cap, can you buy a new bearing cap and seal? You didn't show pic of lower case after bearing cap was removed? If a new bearing cap and seal will seal the lower, so no water gets into the lower case (can pressure test, check manual, I think to 15psi?), then replace water pump assy (complete water pump kit, with new housing etc.). Should also change lower unit oil after successful pressure test.

Good luck, post back on what you find out.

Comment

Working...
    X