Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Df15 Running Problems What is wrong with my engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Df15 Running Problems What is wrong with my engine?

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone can help me figure out what is wrong with my engine.

When I turn the key in the ignition it makes a loud beep. Is this normal? I have a feeling it may mean low oil pressure, however the oil levels are fine and the engine oil is good and I have compression tested it and all working fine.
    Previously water had been getting into the gear box where the gasket had gone. It has had a new drive shaft, bearings, gaskets and seals. The carb has ben stripped down and ultrasonically cleaned. New plugs. Impeller checked and all fine. Oil pressure switch checked and all fine.

After all this I was expecting her to be running sweet, however when the engine starts it runs roughly and stalls out when increasing the idle revs. Any suggestions as to what else could be the problem here? Running out of ideas!

Thanks.
    Last edited by Gounge; 06-10-2019, 07:27 AM.

how old is the engine and how many hours has it been run?
    there issan initial 20 hour oil change reminder and after that 100 hours from the time of the service

How old is the fuel? with no other problem I might check the fuel
    Art

Comment

The engine is 2010. It came with the boat and I've only owned it for about 12 months. No idea how many hours but I expect more than that. Plus the oil was changed last season.

I will try the fuel but it isn't that old, would the fuel make it run roughly and cut out/ not start sometimes?

Comment

dump the fuel into your car and try a fresh tank
        the other critical thing is a fully charged battery
        the ECM on these engines are very sensitive to voltage

The beep is normal
        after turning the ignition key wait until the high pressure pump stops before hitting the starter
        the fuel rail needs to be fully pressurized
        Last edited by artdf175; 06-10-2019, 10:51 PM. Reason: more

Comment

Artdf75 These 2010 are carb motors. So no high pressure fuel rail and pump.
          Regards, Martin
          DF200 2007

Comment

Working...
          X