2010 DF60A Suzuki Beep CHECK ENGINE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 DF60A Suzuki Beep CHECK ENGINE

Hello, i was hoping i could find a little insight here on a problem I'm having with my outboard. anything would be greatly appreciated.

so its a 2010 Suzuki DF60A , 700 hrs (in pristine shape if i may add) everything has been great until recently. it starts 20 minutes or more into a run. i get to my destination and when i lower my rpms, say 3500 of less and cruising to the shore or what have you, it starts a single beep every 5 seconds and a check engine light. if i get back up on step and into the 5000 range rpms it goes away. now, let me add - if it wasn't for the beep, i wouldn't know anything is wrong. the motor is running perfect. no hesitation at all through all the rpms ranges, just getting a beep.

i brought the motor to my service dealer recently and changed impeller kit and housing, plugs, oil, and thermostat. they can't seem to find the problem either ......they even called suzuki and it seems to be something odd and not a common issue. (LUCKY ME) i was told that after running it on the computer, they are leaning to an minor overheating issue but its so slight that the motor isn't showing it.????

any help on where i should be looking next would be fantastic and surely Appreciated ! God Bless

check your battery how old?
    if voltage drops off you get an alarm
    reving back up may produce enough voltage that the signal turns off
    these engines are very sensitive to voltage
    read the manual under low voltage caution system
    Art

Comment

Originally posted by artdf175 View Post
      check your battery how old?
      if voltage drops off you get an alarm
      reving back up may produce enough voltage that the signal turns off
      these engines are very sensitive to voltage
      read the manual under low voltage caution system
      Art
      hey Art,sorry of the delay man. its busy a busy week. thank you for the response. and in regards to your reply...

battery a year old Odyssey 1200.

it still a hunch but, the beep seems to be related to my Lowrence HD 7 unit. i went out and was trying to narrow some things down. well i turned the power off and the beep went away. then turned it back on and it came back. i didn't have time to do to much after that but hopefully this week i can get it out again and see. maybe a short somewhere thats triggering the voltage draw? thought the unit does say 14.2 volts

now the code i got from the tach was a "overcharging" code. the rectifier i believe it says in the code list.......

Comment

Any further luck. I am having a similar issue on my DF250AP. The check engine light only comes on when I am at Idle. Furthermore I am not getting a code thrown to the C10 gauge which is quite annoying.

Comment

http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/f...rm-code-thrown

Comment

Originally posted by Triple View Post
            Any further luck. I am having a similar issue on my DF250AP. The check engine light only comes on when I am at Idle. Furthermore I am not getting a code thrown to the C10 gauge which is quite annoying.
            hey triple,
            sorry man for the delay. but i haven't been out since i noticed the issue with the GPS. it sure does look like its pointing to it. maybe a short I'm going to try and mess with it this weekend. i will update though buck when i can. sorry again for my delay

Comment

ahhh hmm ok cool. i will surely keep that in mind . the Co2 sensor. thanks man !!!

Comment

Sorry, “O2” sensor Hahahahahahah I just noticed I put Co2 sensor this morning. Hahahahahahah long weekend.

Comment

Working...
                X