Dt85

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dt85

Hi guys I have a 1997 dt85 ,problem i have is when she is in the water starts fine good tick over , then when i put forward gear and accelerate she wants to pick up but just moves about 5hp sometimes after restart and playing with throttle control forward ' she suddenly comes to life for a good trip around the bay but only lasts a couple minutes , I've cleaned the carbs changed plugs cant seem to find the fault and thought maybe the coils ?? Thanks for reading ..

Is the motor skipping, or running smoothly through this procedure? Have you tried pumping fuel bulb while this happens? If it appears to run smoothly at idle, and boggs down when giving throttle, but doesn't skip studder, does bumping the choke do anything?

Have you looked at the plugs? Changed them? Are they all firing, have you tested this? Do you have a Suzuki service manual? If not, you should get one to help you do some of the tests.

If the motor is skipping, and erratically spitting during this (maybe only after giving throttle a little?) time, I would test the gear counting coil, to see if in specs, and if proper distance to flywheel.

Do you have any guages indicating a problem?

We are not there seeing, or hearing the motor run, on this side of the computer. But what you do, and test, then respond back to us can help you solve this problem. Maybe even help someone else reading these notes. Also, it could help to know a little history on the motor, has anything happened recently, been repaired/looked at... has anyone messed with any settings? When you cleaned carbs, did you put everything back exactly as it was? How did you clean the carbs? Was there any trash inside them, if so, what was it?

There are many things that can cause problems, but some could have simple solutions. Please try to explain the history of this problem, and we can move forward to help you.

Good luck, post back on what is above.

Comment

Thank you solarman

Comment

Working...
      X