DF200AP temperature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF200AP temperature

Thank you for the membership here! I'll start right-off and say I love my DF200 outboard! But, I had it out last week and I noticed the temperature go higher than normal without any alarms. At higher RPM's (about 4000) it went up to about 155 and normally it runs about 133. I called my dealer and they said it was probably the impeller and its not under warranty because its considered maintenance. Is this correct? I only have 165hours and had the engine for about 1.5yrs. Is the impeller gonna fail this quickly in the future too? To add complication, I bought the engine in South Florida (purposely not mentioning dealer...yet) and the boat lives at our family vacation home in the Keys; so, its very difficult to find time between work schedules to get down there, but I'm more than capable of swapping the impeller myself if needed. Thank you in advance!

Impellers are a maintenance item. Serviceable life depends on their use, including how much sand dredging has been done.

After 165 hours it would be due to be changed anyway, and also, after a year and a half, you are overdue to drop the leg, change the gearbox oil and and grease the drive shaft splines anyway. So do that and install a waterpump kit - the whole shebang, not just the impeller.

Comment

Thank you Moonlighter! I bought the impeller kit and metal house yesterday. Also got moly high pressure grease. Hopefully i can install next weekend.

Do you know what torque measurement for the lower unit bolts? And the impeller bolts?

Comment

If you plan on doing your maintenance it would be very important to get the service manual

Comment

On my DF 175
          10 mm lower unit bolts 40 lbs-ft
          12 mm larger Lower unit bolt 60 pounds lbs-ft
          Water pump case bolts 12.5 lbs-ft

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
            X