Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Code 3-3 with beep Neutral Safety Switch issue DF175 2012 model.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code 3-3 with beep Neutral Safety Switch issue DF175 2012 model.

Begin with no codes no problem other than stiff shifter cable. replace shifter and throttle cables along with bushings in throttle assy. Shifts smoother but now error code 3-3. Engine starts in neutral and runs fine. Beep and code will go away after running in fwd gear. Replaced neutral safety switch. Adjusted shift cable to perfect dead center in neutral. Can clearly see that neutral switch is depressed fully in neutral. No start in fwd or rev. What do I need to do now to clear this pesky code? I do have twins - Starboard engine will start, run, shifts properly and does NOT give this code. Only the port engine. I am out of ideas....anybody else ever see this?

RESOLVED: The throttle cable had just a touch of tension on it. While I was standing in the water I decided to disconnect the throttle control cable and see if the code was extinguished. It was. A couple of twists on the control cable end to relieve that pressure. The throttle position sensor was telling the ECM that the throttle was advanced slightly.

Comment

Thanks for letting us know - this may help someone with similar problems in the future.

Comment

Working...
      X