Check Engine Light on C10 with one beep. No Alarm Code thrown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check Engine Light on C10 with one beep. No Alarm Code thrown

Hello I am running twin 2018 DF250AP. Last week I had a starting battery for my port engine act up on me and coincidentally while at idle a check engine light came on my C10 for the port engine. That said it did not throw a code or an alarm in the Active Alarms window. Just check engine light lit solid and one beep every 10 seconds or so. I changed the battery and used the boat and everything seemed fine. While fishing at an idle the same check engine light and beep displayed but again but it did not throw an alarm on the C10?

I shut the ignition for 2 minutes then restart the engines and the light does not reappear when running at speed. When idling the condition reappears.

Any thoughts on what this might be or how to diagnose this without it throwing a code?

Strongly suggests a voltage issue. It needs to be addressed if you want to avoid more problems.

Check the connection of the white wire - it should be connected to the main battery switch for the start battery, or sometimes direct to the battery. Undo it, clean it, reattach and tighten. Thee will be a fuse in that wire too, suggest you inspect the fuse holder and remove clean and reconnect the fuse.

Also check the power connection for the network, make sure its good.

If you could get the engine connected up to the Suzuki diagnostic system it would likely provide more clues.

Comment

Thank you Moonligher. I am going to give that a look this weekend. I also ordered the software to read the codes.

I appreciate the advice. I'll update once I know what's going on.

Comment

Moonlighter.... Turned out to be the O2 sensor according to the SDS software. Since the engine is only 1year old, does it make sense to run it a bit and hope the condition clears on its own? I do a lot of idling and trolling with the boat so I am thinking I may have gummed it up? Do you think there is any chance the cleaning it might clear the condition?

Thanks!

Comment

Its under warranty. Let you dealer sort it out for you, the sensor may be faulty.

Comment

Working...
          X