DT16 remote control part and starter rope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT16 remote control part and starter rope

Hello, two problems that I would like some help with, I have Suzuki DT16, 1981.

1. I'm thinking of assembling remote control to my outboard, I just need the right parts to link the cable to throttle because now I only have tiller linked to my throttle.
    Basically I need these parts https://www.boats.net/catalog/suzuki...-control-parts
    Any idea where to get them from?

2. My outboards starting rope is pulled all the way out and it wont return, any tips what to do or look for before I go and open it up and start repairing it on my own?

Most of the parts you want for the remote control are not made anymore, unless your motor serial number is different than the parts page. However, if that is the correct parts page, you might click on each individual part number, there might be a newer model / different size motor that same part could have been used for? Also, you possibly could list each part number with item name in Google search, and possibly find that part used/new, make sure the pic of your part is identical, otherwise it won't fit?

As far as your starter rope: you will have to take it apart to see what part is broken, and search for those parts the same as above.

If you find other motors listed that use the same parts your motor does, you might search for those motors as well, and call all marinas, boat motor dealers in your areas to see if they might have a scrap motor to get parts from.

Good luck with your search.

Comment

Working...
    X