DF30a Overheating Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF30a Overheating Issue

2016 Suzuki DF30a has been having slight overheating issues the last trip I took it out. The last couple of trips I took it out I noticed that the tell tale wouldn't start peeing unless I gave it a little throttle and then it seemed to pee as usual. This didnt happen on every startup though, more like every 3rd or 4th startup and sometimes it would start on its own but seemed a few seconds delayed. I changed the water pump after these last few trips thinking maybe it just wasnt getting enough pressure. Second trip after water pump change, made a short run and tried to start the engine up again and it wouldn't start and the thermostat light was on. Had to wait for the engine to cool down before running back to the dock. Once cooled down the engine starts up just fine. Engine has probably 100~125 hrs on it.

Flushed the engine through the flush port on the side and some sediment came out but it doesn't look like anything I would have picked up off the bottom of the bay floor. If you rub it between your fingers it kind of dissolves away. It still seems like the engine cooling system might be clogged with something somewhere based on the tell tale not starting up strong right away but not sure how to proceed. Ran the engine on muffs and then flushed it on the flush port a couple of times. Not getting anymore sediment on the flushes. Any advise or recommendations on what else to check would be great.

Did you find a fix for this? I’m having the same trouble with mine. Have replaced the thermostat and the water pump but still have the issue.

Comment

It might help to run the motor with some vinegar in a deep enough tub in neutral. Make sure water level doesn't go below water pump level. Run the same solution through the motor for 1 -2 hours idling.

If you have access to an infrared temp gun, take temp readings in various areas around cylinders, to see where it starts getting hot, and compare with readings after running vinegar solution.

Vinegar solution may get too warm after running motor for a bit, let solution cool down then run again till too warm. After running for a good 1 - 2 hours flush with fresh water.

Good luck, post back on what you find out.

Comment

Working...
      X