C-10 gauges reading wrong engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-10 gauges reading wrong engines

So here is my situation. I have a pair of 2017 DF 300s. I also have 3 c-10 gauges. The left hand gauge is supposed to read the port engine, while the right hand gauge is supposed to read the starboard engine. Middle gauge takes readings from both engines. Problem is, the left hand gauge is showing information for the starboard motor, even thought the gauge says "port", while the right hand gauge is showing information from the port engine, even though the gauge says "starboard." Ignition switches and throttle levers are operating the correct engines. Any help out there for how to address this? Many thanks in advance.

Is this a new install? Or has it been like this always?

Most likely the cause is that the engines have been incorrectly assigned as port and starboard in the initial network configuration.

1. Turn both keys on.

2. In a C-10 gauge, select menu/system/device list. Then select the engine currently incorrectly designated as port. Select configure. A screen opens where the engine location amongst other things is set, using a drop down menu. Using the drop down, change the engine location to starboard. Check on the same screen that the Instance has now also changed to 1 . Also on that screen, you can name the engine, if it was named incorrectly you can fix that there.

3. Repeat the same process for the other engine, fixing it so its location is set as port and renamed as port. Instance should then be 0.

that should sort it out.

Comment

Installed in 2017, has been like that from the beginning. I will try your suggestion and report back. Very kind of you to share!

Comment

Moonlighter-went through this procedure but unfortunately it did not work- the gauges showed no information when the engines were “reset”. Any other ideas? Thx!

Comment

Now that the engines are reset, go into the left gauge, and to the settings/installation/engine display setup and use the dropdown menu to select the newly named port engine. This should then set the left gauge to show the port engine’s data. Check to see if it works.

if it does then repeat for right side gauge for starboard engine.

Comment

Will give it a try shortly. Thanks!

Comment

I gave that a try and the gauges still aren’t reading. On the installation menu it is asking me to choose for “engine 1” or “engine 2”. Port or starboard or none. Played around with it and it doesn’t seem to matter how that screen is set......

Comment

This is very difficult to resolve remotely over the internet!

Have you tried doing an auto-select for data sources? Whenever networks are reconfigured or devices added or removed, resetting data sources is often necessary to get correct data showing again. Turn engine keys on and all other devices attached to the network must be turned on too. In one of the C-10 gauges, select menu/system/network/data sources and you should see an option there to auto-select data sources. Select it and do it. Then check gauges again.

Here is a link to the Simrad IS35 user manual. The C-10’s are a clone of those gauges so the manual is 99% the same as far as setting up is concerned.

https://ww2.simrad-yachting.com/Root...0712-001_w.pdf

Have a read thru the manual.

If the auto-select and other suggestions I gave havent worked, It might be that the easiest way is to wipe everything and start over. It really needs someone who knows what they are doing to be there in front of the screens to go thru it all and get it set up right. Shouldnt be a difficult job in those circumstances. Have you talked to the dealer who set it up originally - is there a reason why they didnt sort it out for you at the time of installation?

Comment

FINALLY got around to trying this, and it worked perfectly! Thanks so much. Will buy you a beer or two if you are ever in eastern North Carolina!

Comment

Auto-select is a valuable tool for any missing data.

file it in the memory banks for future reference.

Comment

Working...
                    X