No announcement yet.

Prop does not spin freely. nd turn it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop does not spin freely. nd turn it.

Prop does not spin freely. When not running, the prop on my 300 will not move unless you grab with both hands and turn it. Seems like it is binding down on something. is this normal? Friends say not right. Prop should spin freely when engine is not running.

When in neutral, you should be able to spin it freely, motor running or not. Have you removed the prop to check for fishing line or something wrapped around the shaft?
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

I wrote the above assuming that it's either a cable shift system, or if drive-by-wire, then would also spin freely. But not real sure that's correct. Just my guess. If it's a cable operated shifter, then for sure, it should spin freely as long as it's in neutral.
      Mike
      μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

It's drive by wire

Comment

Will remove the prop and check for fishing line. Going out of town for the week. Be back on when I return.

Comment

Props should spin freely in neutral regardless of whether the control system is mechanical or fly by wire.

Possibilities if they dont include the previously mentioned fishing line, or, incorrectly assembled prop/thrust washer arrangement. Or wrong thrust washer.

Comment

Working...
            X