No announcement yet.

Dt150s limp mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First, is this a DT 150, 2 stroke motor? Or a DF150, 4 stroke motor?

Murray, your pic is of an '09 df90, and not a clear pic, thanks for trying.

Post back on what you find out.

Comment

DT150S two cycle Murray's picture was not of mine i ordered the part hopefully when it gets here i can see it and figure out where it goes thanks for all the help especially solar man

Comment

The motor tag on frame says 15002-651139 DT150S

Comment

You mentioned your motor was a 2002 year model. But that serial number tells me it is a 1996 model year motor. It might not have a neutral switch at the motor that year?

If you want to post a pic of the serial number plate we can help identify it for you?

We might need to go back over all your problems to get this straight. Find your problem.

Good luck, post back on what you have.

Comment

Does this motor have carbs, or is it EFI (electronic fuel injection)?

Post back.

Comment

Efi motor no carbs i knew he lied about something when i bought it.

Comment

I keep trying to post picture of id plate but tells me too big a file. The plate says 15002-651139
                DT150S

Comment

Cylinder 1-101 2-100 3-101 4-100 5-102 6-102 psi for cylinders.

Comment

That's good on compression.
                    Don't worry about serial plate, it is a 1996 year motor.
                    Did you inspect the fuel pumps?

Comment

Do you have a Suzuki service manual for this motor?
                      If you do, test the output of your magneto coils. The book has those tests.

Comment

Fuel pumps and filters all good i will test magneto today also was told to check stator?

Comment

The stator is the complete assy of all the magneto coils.
                          Do you have a Suzuki service manual for this motor? Other manuals might not have proper test info/procedures for your motor/stator?

Post this info back?

Comment

Did you remove each fuel pump, and open them up to inspect all the parts on the inside, being careful to not damage the gaskets or diaphragms?

Post back on what you did.

Comment

Im sorry I'm not that mechanically inclined i think it's back to the shop for me i just don't get it. I smell gas and see it in water and the gauge on dashboard says 10 sometimes 12 but never more since this issue began.

Comment

I'm not sure what the guage reading 10-12 is referring to? Volts? Most shops aren't doing much on the older 2 stroke motors these days?

But, good luck, post back on what you find out.

Comment

Working...
                                X