2004 DF250 Temperature alarm !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 DF250 Temperature alarm !

Temperature alarm came on on engine. Engine went into limp mode. Hauled boat and did both thermostats and poppet valve or for pressure relief valve. Impeller was new last year. I then pulled both thermostats to check the water flow and the flow is even and strong on both sides of water outlet. This tells me that the impeller is properly pumping water up the water tube into the block and out of the block exiting the water tube. Could the problem be the pathway that the water takes after the thermostat to exit the engine? Any suggestions on what to try next?

I have a temp alarm at high rpm on my BF30 2002. The engine drop in limp mode with the alarm
    I order a new temp sensor (31$ US) and I will see if it solve the problem (I think it is a false temp alarm)

My last chance will be to change the water pressure valve. My understanding (I can be wrong) is that the valve, when open at high rpm, give additional cooling to the engine.

Good luck to us for solving our problem.

Normand

Comment

Originally posted by Whalecod View Post
      Temperature alarm came on on engine. Engine went into limp mode. Hauled boat and did both thermostats and poppet valve or for pressure relief valve. Impeller was new last year. I then pulled both thermostats to check the water flow and the flow is even and strong on both sides of water outlet. This tells me that the impeller is properly pumping water up the water tube into the block and out of the block exiting the water tube. Could the problem be the pathway that the water takes after the thermostat to exit the engine? Any suggestions on what to try next?
      When you say"exiting the water tube" - what water tube are you referring to? the Pee tube?

Comment

Working...
      X