where is the dt fuel pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where is the dt fuel pump

is there a fuel pump int a dt150, i have looked around for how to's but dont see anything, i guess it has to be behind the oil tank

What year is the motor, and is this an EFI (electronic fuel injection) motor?

Post back on what you have.

Comment

Originally posted by Solarman View Post
      What year is the motor, and is this an EFI (electronic fuel injection) motor?

Post back on what you have.
      not an EFI, I have been told its an '86 dt150 super six

Comment

On the parts page at browns point (https://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc/suzuki/dt150.asp) in figure #8 you'r fuel pumps are #1, and #2. They are both operated by the crankcase pressure and vaccum cycles of the pistons, so they are both mounted on the side of the powerhead.

Good luck, post back on what you find.

Comment

well checked for the fuel pump, but don't think is the pump. thought it was bad fuel, there was about 40gl of it in the tank mix with oil, and this motor is a oil injected , so tried with fresh fuel from portable tank and it run good with the muffs on. took it to the river today and it started right up but bog down after a short time, i noticed that if i push the key to activate the shock it will keep running and also held the throttle to accelerate and it stayed running for a little longer , anyways i now think is a timing issue. i saw at the top of the throttle connectors like there used to be a ecrew that was probably to do adjustment, i'll post back on this

Comment

This is a '86 dt150, and the timing is automatic. If you are pressing the key in to choke the motor, and it runs longer then you have a fuel primer pump problem, maybe leaking air? You can not adjust timing. I don't know what screws that you're talking about, but if you mess with the linkage you could be screwing more stuff up!

Stop! Before you make it worse!

Post back what you're doing?

Comment

This is a '86 dt150, and the timing is automatic. If you are pressing the key in to choke the motor, and it runs longer then you have a fuel primer pump problem, maybe leaking air? You can not adjust timing. I don't know what screws that you're talking about, but if you mess with the linkage you could be screwing more stuff up!

I am being careful Solarman. there use to be a screw there. i replaced with a new one , I am also going to replace the primer bulb, I don't think it's anything wrong with choke primer pump because it gets the motor started and it runs for a few minutes and dies like if it's not getting enough fuel , but i am going to add some carb cleaner to the gas and see what happens
              Last edited by racso65; 07-31-2019, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Adding carb cleaner is not a good idea. Add a fuel additive. Carb cleaner can wash oils off important metal surfaces in the crankcase leaving no protection, causing wear and rust.

If it's not getting fuel, then there's a problem with the carbs, or fuel pumps.

Post back on what you find.

Comment

thanks that's what i meant, have not done it jet as replaced the primer bulb and this bad boy started running good with the garden hose, ill take it out this weekend see how it does with back pressure. now i have to figure out the multimeter connections, thanks a lot Solarman its been nice to have your expert advice throughout

Comment

Don't start making new posts with other problems in different threads.
                    Put all of your problems in this same post, that way those of us here can follow what you're trying to do. We can look back to see what year motor and anything else.

Post back on this thread.

Comment

I have posted with different title and threads to try and get as much help as possible. I am using a manual for a similar motor, someone told me this motor is from around 1986 truth is when I looked 15001-602603 , there is no 602603, so the book i have don't show the same color of wires on my motor, for the multi gauge tachometer, so this is how i am doing it, my motor came with an original suzuki control not sure if original to this motor but anyways , everywhere i read say the tach signal is a yellow wire , in this control box there is three wires coming out of it witch i am using, grey for power black for ground and white for signal, and the tach works , but the other gauges i don't think, i follow the wire color pattern which at the motor side i have green/yellow, green/red, blue , yellow , green, red/yellow this are in a bundle, then there is a brown wire and a red , on a third bundle is what i am sure is for trim and tilt switch that has four wires its a light blue a pink a black and an orange and they come from the trim and tilt housing.
                      anyhow when connected the blue,yellow, green/yellow and red the oil and temp lights come on , not the check engine or rev limit, ill keep testing when in the water till i get the right ones
                      Last edited by racso65; 08-02-2019, 10:36 AM.

Comment

But if we have to go back, and forth, posting the same info multiple places, we lose out helping others with problems, and lose continuity on your problems. Waisting more, and more time.

One boat & motor... one thread, for all problems.

This keeps it simple, and allows us to look back at all the info for your system, sometimes helping with better understanding of your complete system/ history.

Good luck.

Comment

so went out to the bay yesterday and after thor runned good at the driveway when i put it in the boat ramp it started after say maybe 15 tries but it runned for a couple of minutes to die .. after trying a couple more time s I find out tha if i push the key to activate the primer valve it continued to run ,

Comment

Originally posted by racso65 View Post

so went out to the bay yesterday and after thor runned good at the driveway when i put it in the boat ramp it started after say maybe 15 tries but it runned for a couple of minutes to die .. after trying a couple more time s I find out tha if i push the key to activate the primer valve it continued to run ,
                            so i think its a fuel starvation problem ,, maybe the fuel pump

Comment

It could be fuel pump (one, or both?), or still carbs have not been cleaned/set properly, or you could have air leaking in at/around base of carb(s) preventing carbs from running properly?

If you are using a manual "not" specifically for your motor, then how do you expect to test specific parts for your motor, or set your carbs mixture screws to your motors settings? Your motor parts/settings may not be a similar motors tests/settings?

Post back on what you are doing, or find out? I do not know if i can be of much help, if you can not help yourself with these things?

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X