Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Suzuki DT150 1989

Hello there,
    i have a problem .I start the engine and it is work perfect,but when I move the tiller(bar) to accelerate the engine stop work.
    What could be the problem?
    Sorry for my English and thank you.
    V6 micro link ignition Suzuki DT150 ~15001

Do you have a Suzuki manual?
    Check kill switch to see if either wire is grounded?

Once you have checked the kill-switch, then check the magneto output, damaged wires, and thier connectors by the book, then go check the gear counting coil, also if the proper distance to flywheel.

Post back on what you find out.

Comment

Yes i have a manual book.I will check and post back.Thank you.

Comment

Today we work all day ,and finally the engine start but it is like doesn’t work very good.Tomorow i will call one shop to make appointment to check and change the oil and everything ....
        https://youtu.be/XEeoQJHvFcI
        this is how it works.
        i changed one fuse holder(it was broken) that was connected to the battery.I bought a new battery because the old 3 battery were death,and the engine start and worked even when I switch the bar(tiller).
        We clean the carburetors ,the spark plugs and ....
        thank you Solarman.
        i will write again after the service

Comment

If this is a DT150, it is a 2 stroke motor and the oil does not need to be changed, it mixes with the fuel and is burned.
          If you have oil in a crankcase, that you need to change, then this is a 4 stroke motor, DF150. These motors are very different.

If you still don't know, take a pic of the serial number plate and post it with your next message.

Good luck.

Comment

Just watched video. It is a 2 stroke motor, you do not need to change oil.

Post back on what you find out.

Comment

Serial number : 15001-906534 -DT 150 -2 stroke engine.
              the oil stay there from 5 years.The boat was not used 5 years.
              I just call the shop and they don’t do a Suzuki engine.
              I live in Vegas and nobody can’t do it,even bass pro shop.
              Do you know what i have to change on this engine?
              Thank you
              Last edited by Americanec; 07-31-2019, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Solarman ,do you know what kind off oil i need ?In the store they told me to buy :
                Quicksilver- 2 stroke marine engine oil synthetic blend tcw-3,
                but in the book there is a picture that show outboard oil.
                I found qucksilver -2 cycle outboard synthetic blend tcw-3 .
                which one is for my engine?

Comment

Your motor has to use 2 stroke oil, it is made to burn and lubricate. It does not have to be synthetic blend, but that is ok. The TCW3 is good for your motor.

Since your motor has not run for 5 years, you should add some to your fuel tank until you are sure that oil is flowing from your oil tank on the motor. Your motor may smoke more but it will protect the motor until your oil injection system is flowing good.

Post back on what you did.

Comment

Hello
                    we went to the lake .The engine start,but after 5 minutes work we could not start it again.There is like a litle oil leak from the lower unit..I don’t know what to do.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Americanec; 08-05-2019, 12:27 PM.

Comment

We clean the sparks,they were oil-fouled.After that the engine start but i think it doesn’t work very well.And again agter 5 min work we could not start the engine.
                      The book says that :worn piston rings and /or bad valve seals

this is link to the video how the engine work.:
                      https://youtu.be/GeHErptxv1c

The rps is like going down up ...and nobody’s can’t do a tune up...
                      Last edited by Americanec; 08-05-2019, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Your motor does not have valves, or valve seals. It is a 2 stroke motor.

Where is the oil leaking from on the lower unit?

Your motor sounds like the jets, or passages in carbs are dirty. But test your gear counting coil by the manual before cleaning carbs, if it is not reading good, replace. And as always, clean carbs properly. They must be soaked well, and all passages and jets blown clear till dry, with a good air compressor. When reinstalling low spread idle air mixture screws, all six are set identically at service book setting, then leave them alone. Identify any trash found in any carb, this may tell you if something else needs attention.

I also see that your two water lights are lit up, are they connected? Test both of those sensors by the manual too. Your oil light shows your oil tank is low? It shows about 1/3 tank, is it correct?

Good luck, post back on what you find out to let us know.

Comment

Hello Solarman,i was ready to give up from this engine and bay a new boat but my brother decided to try ti open the carburetors and hi found that they are very dirty.hi is going to clean them and we will try to start the engine .
                          thank you for your hellp,
                          Attached Files

Comment

Ok. You must remove the jets when you clean, soak carbs, do one carb at a time, some older motors had different size jets to balance motor running good. After each carb has soaked good, use good air compressor to blow through each tiny hole in jets, and carb. Once you have blown every passage, jet, and hole dry/clean, then re-assemble that carb. Make sure each idle air-fuel mixture screw (6 of them, one for each cylinder) is set at what the manual tells you to set them. Then do not change them again.

What I see is old dried up fuel in carb pic, it is easy to soak and clean by air compressor. You have 6 carbs, top, middle, and bottom. Each carb is a double carb, two carbs. Each carb has its own float, reset each float properly. If the floats are not set properly (too high, fuel will run out of carb when running), (if float setting is too low, then that carb will run out of fuel when running wide open throttle) then each carb will run according to that float setting, and the cylinder for each carb will run according to that carb float.

Good luck, post back on what you find out.

Comment

Hello Solarman,thank you for the help first.
                              we cleaned the carburetors but we didnt remove the air -fuel screws because we couldn’t find how to set properly.There are pics on them and number 3 is different from the other 5 screws ,and i am not sure is that right or .....
                              The floats look good and all off them are at the same level.Set properly
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X