Tachometer on dt150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tachometer on dt150

It has taken me while to get this motor ready, but hopefully i can get on fishing this weekend , only problem i have now is this multimeter i can't really figure it out the wires on it don't match the ones on the motor, I've tried posting here with no luck , maybe this time I can get help , any help is greatly appreciated , i connected the wires following a color pattern i found on google, so this meter is one with the check engine light temperature light ,oil and rev limit, i found that the tach works with the white, grey , and black wires coming out at the control box but the other ones the oil light came on and it stayed on there is oil in the tank so is not low and the temperature light also is on check engine is not on nor the rev limit , i wonder if are this lights supposed to stay on ? and flash when something is wrong or off all the time and come on when something is bad like in vehicles please advise, thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by racso65; 07-31-2019, 07:20 PM. Reason: second pict is the tach wires last one is the motor side wires ,

I noticed no one has responded --
    Don't have my manual in front of me
    the manual has a wiring diagram and tells you the color coded wiring schematic
    It also tells you how the system works for each function
    I suspect the lights should come on as the system goes through its self check and then go out unless there is some problem detected
    Art

Comment

Originally posted by artdf175 View Post
      I noticed no one has responded --
      Don't have my manual in front of me
      the manual has a wiring diagram and tells you the color coded wiring schematic
      It also tells you how the system works for each function
      I suspect the lights should come on as the system goes through its self check and then go out unless there is some problem detected
      Art
      Thanks Art
      Unfortunately, I don't have the exact year of this motor and the manual i am using does not shows me any wiring color code, I'll appreciate if you can help me with codes whenever you get a chance, thanks

Comment

I just noticed you mentioned a DT 2 cycle engine
        my manual is 4 cycle DF model
        you should be able to find the serial number on the manufacturers plate on the transom clamp bracket
        that will help identify the model year
        then it would be important to get the Suzuki service manual.
        Art
        ​​​​​​​

Comment

Racso65, this is why you should stay with your original thread for your motor. I'll look to see if I have the old wire color code sheet.

https://images.app.goo.gl/UWJP84SGGshDr1Qf6

Try the image above?

Comment

Working...
          X