Prop advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop advise

still breaking in 2019 DF250 on a recreational fishing boat. Currently, WOT is 5300 rpm on a Suzuki stainless 3 x 15 1/4 x 19. It can get up to 5600 if trimmed such that the boat is tail walking which I do not want to do. I would like to hit the max rpm of 5500 to 6100 rpm WOT. The existing prop is a loaner from my dealer and they will send me a replacement prop to try. Is a 4 X 15 x 15 a likely sufficient prop size. I would mostly be cruising on midrange and occassionally hit full throttle.

To test props, you need to open the throttle fully to WOT and trim up all the way until max revs are achieved. See the sticky on this forum for details.

Most commonly you would use a 16” dia prop on a offshore fishing boat.

Below is a link to the Suzuki USA website for DF250AP engines where they have several boat tests.

Look there to find a similar boat to yours, and see what prop they are using and revs etc being achieved.

You will note that at all of the single engine offshore boats they tested are running 16” dia props. That gives you a BIG hint as to the correct diameter to run. 15” is too small.

http://www.suzukimarine.com/Product%...2/DF250AP.aspx

Good luck, let us know how you go.

Comment

Working...
    X