• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

read the post by Jaybord on his 150
    you can go to his last post
    Art

Comment

Thanks Art. I'll check all of the white wire connections and the battery switch connections on the 140 hp and on my DF 150. I'll have the DF140 back together tomorrow. Hopefully I can post some good news on both engines..

Comment

Changed the HP fuel filter and the fuel squeeze bulb on the DF140 and its doing good. My DF150 is still hesitating when i ease on the throttle and is also getting hard to crank after sitting for 10 minutes. Do you think one of the injectors that I had cleaned could be leaking fuel into the cylinder and causing it to flood. It still runs good at wot..I cleaned all the cables again and made sure the white wire had a good connection. Cleaned all the cables on the battery switch as well..Ordered a HP fuel filter and waiting for it to come in.

Comment

Art what sensors should I check on my DF150 Suzuki for the hesitation problem. Thanks Barry

Comment

Let me study he manual a bit
            did you check all the ground connections as well ??
            I would not expect the fuel injectors but not bad to run some a good quality injector cleaner through it
            Art

Comment

Art I changed the HP fuel filter and cleaned the throttle body. It still has that hesitation. I'm not sure that the air bypass screw on the throttle body is set correctly. I can't get it to go into fixed mode for some reason or another. It would before I replaced the AIC valve. I would turn the key 5 times to the start position and get the buzzer. It won't do that anymore. I also had the injectors professionally cleaned recently. The way the engine is hesitating on take off is not stopping me from using my boat I just want it to be right and figure out what is causing the problem. I can normally figure this stuff out but this one has me stumped. I might end up taking it to a Suzuki dealer and let them take a look at it. I hate to say it but unless you get one of the older guys to work on your engine it don't get the proper check up. I appreciate all of your help and advice. I try to keep notes on all different engine problems that I come across. I'm hoping I can put this one in my note book as well when It gets figured out.. Thanks Barry

Comment

Installed new fuel lines and fuel squeeze bulb yesterday as well as a new fuel water separator filter. Fuel tank is also clean with new fuel after cleaning the vst tank out, Still has the hesitation..

Comment

Working...
                X