C-10 Gauge Malfunction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-10 Gauge Malfunction

Got on my boat this weekend to C-10 Gauge reading nothing. There is power to the unit & the engine runs but no data.
    Any suggestions? Is there a reboot function?
    Lost a good weekend fishing to this problem.

Thank you,
    PawWah
    Attached Files

A couple of things to try... (and by the way, what you have is a network problem, not a gauge problem, the gauge is just a display to show data from the network)

First thing to do when any/all data is missing is to do an auto-select for data sources, as follows:

Turn engine key on. In gauge menu, open system/network/device list/data sources and find the option to auto-select data sources. Select it and do it. You will see a window pop up warning that all data sources will be reset and telling you to ensure that all devices attached to the network are turned on before proceeding so make sure they are on, and then complete the auto-select process. Then check to see if engine data is now available.

If this does not work, there was a Suzuki engine software update released earlier this year to address data dropout on engines that are running V3.5 version interface software. This is for engines 2012 and newer. The new version is 3.5.04 and is available from the link below. It can be downloaded and copied to a USB stick and then uploaded via the C-10. If you need upload instructions let me know, its very simple. Just plug the uSB into the C10, open the C-10 files menu, find the 3.5.04 software file, and select upload, wait while it loads.

In fact I would recommend updating to 3.5.04 anyway - but first, check your engine serial number against the table in the link to make sure it is correct for your engine. Important to do this!!!!

http://www.suzukimarine.com/Product%...12/DF175A.aspx
    http://ww2.lowrance.com/Suzuki

Last edited by Moonlighter; 08-19-2019, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Moonlighter,

To clarify, I should turn on the Simrad MFD before I do auto-select?

My engine 2017 DF250AP requires the 3.5.04 upgrade.
      Do I need a Windows machine to download or can I use a MAC then transfer to USB?
      Can you please send me the upload instructions.

Thank you for the help.

Comment

Yes turn the Simrad and EVERYTHING ELSE that is connected to the network ON before doing the auto select.

I included the instructions in my first reply. Follow that and you will be fine, its easy.

dont know if you can use a mac, but all you are doing is downloading the file and copying to SD card. Dont try to run the file or open it, just save it to desktop then copy to USB.

Comment

Moonlighter,

First option did not work.
          Do I need adapter cable to plug to C-10 gauge ? Mine did not have USB port.
          Attached photo of input on the back.

Thanks C-10 Guage .jpeg

Comment

Yes, common adapter cable.

Comment

Working...
            X