08 Suzuki DF115 Oil Light On, NOT OIL CHANGE RESET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 08 Suzuki DF115 Oil Light On, NOT OIL CHANGE RESET

I have a '08 Suzuki DF115 with only 80hrs that is giving me an oil light on the analog gauge. (Pic of gauge for reference)

(I HAVE DONE THE OIL CHANGE RESET PROCEDURE 3X TIMES, NO JOY)

The oil light illuminates as soon as the battery main switch is turned on, regardless of the key switch position, running or not. The light stays solid until battery main switch is turned off. I have checked for loose fittings and have not found any.

Any ideas? Gauge.png

FlatsRaider
    No buzzer? the oil lamp should trigger an alarm
    Is the alarm working?
    Can I assume you have changed the oil, even though the engine has only 80 hours on it?
    Out of 7 possible problems, the only one that makes sense is a malfunctioning oil pressure switch
    Art

Comment

artdf175, thank you for the response.
      No buzzer, the alarm sounds when the key is switched on, so I know that works. I change the oil every 20 hours.
      Do you know what the test procedure is for that pressure switch?

Comment

What does it do with the engine running.

Comment

Engine performs just fine. Tops at about 6k RPMs. But light stays on from the time the battery is on until the battery is turned off.

Comment

remove the blue lead wire
            check for continuity between the switch terminal and engine body ground

Comment

I have the same problem to the 60 tiller handle I added-- red oil light stays on like yours !

Comment

So, dry testing the gauge for the past week no oil light illuminated on the gauge. Went on a shakedown cruise tonight this is what happened:

Went WOT for about 10 minutes then throttled back, light comes on, no alarm. Engine temp says just a notch below 175.

While cruising at 5500 rpms the light will go off, go up to 6k rpms, light comes on. Go down to about 3500 rpms, the light comes on.

Stays on at idle, too. No alarms. Light stays on regardless of switch position.

(I'll be testing the switch with a meter tomorrow)

Comment

Ate there any codes recorded in the ecu when the engine is hooked up to SDS?

Comment

Moonlighter: Sorry, I don't have the SDS, shade tree mechanic here.

The part that has me baffled is why does the light stay on when the key is switched to the off position? Also, the last time this happened, after a week of sitting in the garage the light mysteriously goes off and stays off until we ran the boat again.

Comment

Will the ECM send a code to the gauge if the key is switched to the off position?

Comment

I would suggest that rather than shooting in the dark, get it hooked up to SDS, and it will most likely show what code is being sent to cause the light to come on. And from there the possible reasons and solution can be found when the results are interpreted by a knowledgeable Suzuki mechanic.

Some codes remain active until cleared by the correct procedure.

These engines being modern efi computer controlled are like modern car engines, the diagnostic computer (in this case SDS or Suzuki Diagnostic System) is an important tool to diagnose and test. Could save you a lot more heartache .....

Comment

Thanks for the input. I live in Phoenix, AZ. Might be a problem finding a Suzuki mechanic

Comment

Dealers closest to Phoenix Az

The Boat Brokers & RV
                            1680 Industrial Blvd.
                            Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403-3638
                            928-453-8833
                            SEE HOURS
                            140.9 MILES TO DEALER

Shimmer Boat Service LLC
                            1435 Countryshire Ave, #102
                            Lake Havasu, AZ 86403-3666
                            928-453-9229
                            SEE HOURS
                            140.9 MILES TO DEALE

Advantage Pontoon Sales
                            1000 Lake Havasu Ave North
                            Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
                            928-680-2628
                            SEE HOURS
                            141.0 MILES TO DEALER

Comment

I am having similar issue, did you ever get a resolution to this?

Comment

Working...
                              X