2006 DF 140 Suzuki intermittent cranking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 DF 140 Suzuki intermittent cranking

I have a 2006 DF 140 Suzuki that will start right up one time then let it sit a minute and it will turn over but won't start. Then try it again and it will start right up. Shut it off and try to start it again and it won't start. Try again and it will start right up. Does the same thing time after time. I've replaced the plugs,had the injectors cleaned and hooked straight to an auxiliary fuel tank. No kinks in fuel line. Any ideas? Thanks for your help..

is this a duplicate post?? this time a 140?

Comment

No this engine is doing something different than my 150 Suzuki. This is a friend of mine's and every time she goes out it don't want to start up every time.. Just trying to help a friend on this one..

Comment

Had injectors cleaned and new plugs. Hooked up to an auxiliary fuel tank. Checked vst tank and it was clean as well as the hp fuel pump screen. Cleaned all battery cables. Tightened all ground wires on engine. Still does the same thing.

Comment

This kind of sounds like the high pressure fuel pump. same question as your 150... after you turn the key to 'on" are you waiting for the HP fuel pump to cycle through to pressurize the fuel rail?
          check the IAC valve to be sure it is clean.. then make sure the idle speed is correct.. different procedure to adjust idle speed than your 150.
          2006 with how many hours? and can I assume that all the periodic maintenance procedures have been followed?
          Art

Comment

Yes I wait till the alarm goes off and the pump is primed. It has 300+ hours. I have the vst tank off now and its clean.I've also cleaned the IAC valve. Going to put it back together when the HP fuel filter comes in..

Comment

Working...
            X