DF300 lower unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF300 lower unit

MAJOR issues with Suzuki! Have trip 2008 DF300's on my 35' Everglades. Lower unit on central engine failed secondary to corrosion. Order replacement in July, told backorder until Sept 1. No delivery, no response until call back, NOW told will not be delivered until Oct. 27th!!!!! FOUR months with my boat in dry dock waiting for a lower unit! UNACCEPTABLE! Have had no other response from complaints to Suzuki, wondering if this is experienced by others? if so, this will be the LAST Suzuki's I EVER have, absolutely ridiculous!

btw
    only a little over 400 hours on engines.....

Comment

There are two good Suzuki dealers in Florida that I am aware of:

International Marine (ask for Mike)

Outboard Specialties (another Mike)

Both are very well regarded and you should contact them to see if they can offer any support.

Did you also try the "Purchase Suzuki parts link" on this forum?

Comment

Can you please explain where the corrosion developed?
        Suzuki DF300 outboards are generally not prone to corrosion if installed and maintained well.

I personally would check all nearby dealerships for a used lower unit to have the boat ready while waiting for a new unit.

Chris

Comment

Thanks guys
          Have literally checked EVERYWHERE i could for even a rebuilt unit to install without any luck
          Appreciate the leads, have calls into both right now
          Anyone else with info on rebuilt lower units?

Comment

Hello,
            I know this is an older post but felt I would be relevant.
            I have 3 2016 df300s on a Grady 360 and had 300 fantastic hours on them when the lower unit on my port side Chernobyled .,.. I had the boat in Canada at the time and warranty was good enough to accept the claim BUT it’s been 2 months since the incident and Suzuki can’t even tell me when the parts might be available. I missed the whole fall salmon season and will not be fishing again any time soon from the looks of it, seems Suzuki has a supply issue, apparently it’s because I have white ones??

Comment

Working...
            X