Suzuki tachometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki tachometer

I have a new Suzuki 20 HP DF20ATL that came with remote and wiring harness. I bought a Suzuki tac. part # 99105-80101. The tac. has a plug that mates to a matching plug on motor harness but I'm not getting any responce from tac. Is there a way to test tac. or another connection I need to make inside motor? All other motor functions work, warning horn, tilt, start. Thanks.

The 4 pin connector should be for the monitor functions. There should be 5 more individual wires coming out of the tach harness. The three male bullet connectors ( yellow, black, gray ) have to be connected to the engine harness also. These are the connections for the analog signal wire, ground, and power. The two female bullets are piggy backs of power and ground to other components you may want to connect
    Henry

Comment

Thanks, got it working last night, my problem was wire colors not matching across harness, grey to green for signal.

Comment

I hate to dredge up an old thread but I just purchased the same motor setup and I purchased a tach, 99105-80001. I thought the only difference was that mine was a black face and the 80101 was a white face. anyhow, when I received the tach, there is a four pin connector (as you described) along with several other male and female connectors. The colors on the end of the wiring harness however do not match these colors ( I don't know if they were supposed to but I was hoping for that. Additionally, I don't see another four pin harness on the motor wiring harness. That being said, I went to the manual that came with the motor and I'm having trouble even finding some of the color coded wires, i.e. there are two red/green tracer wires in the harness. That color code isn't even referenced in any of the wiring diagrams. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Just to make sure, what is the year and model of your motor. What are the wire colors in your harness, and even better if you can send a picture. Usually the green/red (Green wire with a red stripe) usually is an ignition on power source. I am not sure what it is, if its the other way red/green ( red wire with a green stripe) Yellow is the tach signal, Black is ground, Gray is power. The four pin connector is for the monitor lights - Check engine, water temp, oil, rev limit.
          Henry

Comment

IMG_1310.JPGIMG_1311.JPGIMG_1367.JPG Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I tried finding the login for this page several times and couldn't so I got frustrated. This time I "asked for help" i.e. reading the directions. Anyway, My motor has to be a 2019 as one of the wiring harness packs inside the motor is stamped "31/1/2019" and I ordered it in May. it is a DF20ATL2 I purchased from Overtons. I took several pics of the wires from the wiring harness as well as the Suzuki Tach. Not sure why they posted over this conversation but I don't want to mess with it as I have screwed it up before. The blacks are double blacks in the first three pics. There is no four wire plug in on my wiring harness, the yellow block is two 10 amp mini fuses.
            Attached Files

Comment

IMG_1371.JPGIMG_1373.JPGIMG_1376.JPGIMG_1374.JPGIMG_1372.JPG
              This is the Tach along with the wiring harness and another wire set. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. When I did the motor and rigging, everything seemed to be plug and play, but apparently this tach isn't the direct plug in for this motor. If there is a specific tach set can you let me know and I'll return this one.

Pete

Comment

Yellow wire on harness goes to Yellow on Tach - This is the tach signal
                Red wire /green tracer and gray wire combined on harness goes to gray wire on tach - Power source from engine
                Individual red wire /green tracer - ignition on power source, some people connect this to their gauge lights (it you trace it back, it actually piggybacks from red wire /green tracer and gray wire on the right side)
                Black wires are ground - ( the left side should piggy back from the right side black wires )

The duplicates on the Tach monitor are for powering ( gray ) and Grounding ( black ) other gauges you may have.

The harness with the black and green orange wire are used if you need more terminals to piggy back power and ground to other gauges, networks, etc.

However, I don't not see the four pin connector from your engine harness side picture, there must be another connector somewhere - the tach monitors will not work with out it ( eng light, rev, temp, oil )

Henry

Comment

At the engine side of your harness there should be another 4 pin connector that connects to the motor to deliver tach monitor functions

If there is not a four pin connector at both ends of the engine harness; possibly it is the wrong harness???
                  I would think with it being a 2019, it should be in the harness.
                  Henry

Comment

Thank you very much. I'll try it out this weekend. There is no four pin connector on the wiring harness coming from the engine, I am wondering if the idiot light on the front of the motor is where those wires possibly went. I went on Suzuki's website to look for a possible contact number to call and/or an email to send a technical question. Doesn't look like they really want to talk.....

Comment

Originally posted by the great orator View Post
                      Thank you very much. I'll try it out this weekend. There is no four pin connector on the wiring harness coming from the engine, I am wondering if the idiot light on the front of the motor is where those wires possibly went. I went on Suzuki's website to look for a possible contact number to call and/or an email to send a technical question. Doesn't look like they really want to talk.....
                      hey Pete did you figured it out? I am about to start messin with mine if could share your experience be greatly appreciated thanks

Comment

due to unforseen circumstances, no. Not yet but it's still on my "to do" list.... I tried to get help from Faria but they originally got back to me but now..Crickets.

Comment

but I'm gonna try what Nayna put out there and maybe trace back the other wires. they have to go to something....

Comment

Suzuki HO wont talk to you. Their attitude is that they have dealers to deal with customers direct.

You should talk to a local Suzuki dealer in your area, there is likely an optional harness to connect at the engine end.

Comment

Originally posted by Nayna32 View Post
                              Yellow wire on harness goes to Yellow on Tach - This is the tach signal
                              Red wire /green tracer and gray wire combined on harness goes to gray wire on tach - Power source from engine
                              Individual red wire /green tracer - ignition on power source, some people connect this to their gauge lights (it you trace it back, it actually piggybacks from red wire /green tracer and gray wire on the right side)
                              Black wires are ground - ( the left side should piggy back from the right side black wires )

The duplicates on the Tach monitor are for powering ( gray ) and Grounding ( black ) other gauges you may have.

The harness with the black and green orange wire are used if you need more terminals to piggy back power and ground to other gauges, networks, etc.

However, I don't not see the four pin connector from your engine harness side picture, there must be another connector somewhere - the tach monitors will not work with out it ( eng light, rev, temp, oil )
                              what wire connects to what on the gauge ??? i have besides the yellow gray and black , green/yellow , green/white , blue/black and red at the gauge, at the motor I have six wires but i can't find which wire goes where the colors don't seem to match I have at the motor green/red , green/yellow , geen , red/yellow , yellow and blue, on loose there is a red and a brown wire,, can you help IDm please

Comment

Working...
                              X