DF175 cowling rubber seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF175 cowling rubber seal

I have twin Df 175 engines and the last time I removed the starboard hood the rubber came off on the front end. I thought it would be easy to push back on. WRONG! I have had three people trying to get that sucka pushed back on so I could glue it back with gasket glue. I even tried a heat gun with no luck. Any suggestions?

I had the same problem with my cowling. It's glued on with a silicone adhesive caulk. I pulled the whole thing off and cleaned up the old silicone and reapplied with black silicone, reattached, and set it flat on the garage floor until it cured. It held long enough to flip it over. The problem, though, and this might be what you're encountering, is that the seal seems to be stretched onto the cowling. I say this because my seal actually split right in the middle of the front. So there is a 4" gap now where there is no seal at all. I couldn't stretch it and glue it on with the ends meeting. I have just bought a new seal (over $80!!) but haven't tried to put it on yet.
    Last edited by Harper; 11-06-2016, 08:22 PM.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

For what its worth I am having the same issue with my 2009 DF175 cowling seal. and will probably need to go the New $80 route

Comment

Working...
      X