5 sec alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 sec alarm

Yesterday, I had this alarm come on. it is on for 5 sec and off for 5 sec. My SMIS now only flashes "S". it does not give any info. This happened while underway. stopped, turned engine off, still no change. what is this code? thanks TC

Replying as no one else has stepped in
    Might review the new "sticky" that Moonlighter recently added on diagnostic codes
    Also would be helpful to tell us what year/model engine you have
    I am not seeing any 5 seconds on/off codes listed
    Most of the alarm codes are 1.5 seconds duration
    Maybe double check and post back
    Art

Comment

Not heard of that before. Suggests a power/voltage issue.

First you should check your batteries and all associated connections, by check I mean undo, clean and reconnect and tighten all battery lugs and verify that battery cables are in good condition with no internal corrosion. Make sure batteries are load tested and fully charged.

Then check that the interface cable connection to the network and engine is good, disconnect and reconnect the cable and check wiring connectors to plug are in good condition and not loose.

Were there any other symptoms apart from the alarm and SMIS issue? Engine running normally?

Comment

the motor is a 2014 250S. The code for the beep is a voltage regulator code. I will pull the batteries this week to have them tested. The cold may have done one in. It would not go away the other day after it came on. I came home, put everything back on charge. couple days later, I went out, put muffs on, and started it. no beep. off o check the batteries.
        Thanks, TC

Comment

the motor runs great, even with alarm sounding.

Comment

I have a 2016 175 4 stroke motor and am trying to find a list of alarm codes. My alarm reads check engine 7-5

Comment

Working...
            X