Still searching for the problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still searching for the problem

Sorry to keep asking for help but this thing is about to whip me... 03 Df140T Water in the oil still. Not the oil cooler or air cooler. I've pulled the intake manifold off several times now and every time I am seeing clean water pooled up in the bottom intake port on the head. Looking in there you can see the valve stems and the underside of the 2 valves. All that area is wet with clean water and the aluminum walls of that port area are shiny clean. The 3 ports above it are normal, slight oil film, dark color.
    That moisture is coming from somewhere. Could it be the fuel cooler allowing water to get in the fuel right before the injectors? Water being heavier than gas it is staying separated and sinking down to the bottom injector? Seems like a long shot but how else is that water getting in there? Head cracked or head gasket leak right in that area? Crack in the bottom cylinder wall sucks cooling water in on the piston back stroke and since it won't burn its pushed through the valve when it opens? Had head and block pressure checked and surfaced once already in this nightmare. I want to rule that out unless the machine shop that did that work shafted me.
    If it was leaking in at the engine holder or oil pan or anywhere down low, how would that cause the water to appear in the bottom valve port? That water there has got to be a clue in this puzzle... Thanks for the help and opinions.
    I'll not let this thing whip me!

Do you have the service manual?
    I have the 175 and if I recall correctly the book
    covers about everthing
    I think there is a page on water flow

However after referring to my manual I would think head gasket
    I assume you checked the surfaces for bring true with no warps
    A head gasket problem could be responsible for both the oil and water problems
    Last edited by artdf175; 01-22-2017, 05:59 PM. Reason: Add

Comment

Yes to all.

Comment

Working...
      X