Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cavitation while turning at slow speeds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cavitation while turning at slow speeds.

I have twin 175'S ON A 26 FT BOAT. stainless props. My ventilation plates are set even with bottom on outboard side on each motor. While turning at slow speeds say 6 to 12 knots before on step i will get cavitaion on one engine. Not sure best way to remedy this is. I am not doing sharp turns either. Just normal turns
    Last edited by Weber1227; 04-04-2017, 01:53 PM.

My ventilation plates are set even with bottom on outboard side on each motor.
    I understand that they are set so that the external AV plate is even with the hull. And this is probably a bit too high and lead to ventilation, not caviation.

It is the outer engine ventilating when turning, right?
    Outer engine = turning right/starboard it's the left/port engine, turning left/port then the right/staboard engine
    This happen because the boat lay over to one side tifting the outer engine up and she start to suck air.

You may lower your engines one hole and the problem should be solved.

Chris

Comment

Before going through the effort of lowering the motors make sure at those low speeds that you have the trim all the way down. Don't trim your engines out until you are on plane. You might well know this, but since you did not mention where your engine trim was set, I thought that I would mention it

I also question the assumption that your boat is raising the outside motor at such a low speed. Might be the case, but I'm not so sure. Are your props rotating the same direction or is one counter-rotating? And does it happen when turning either direction or in both directions?
      Last edited by Harper; 04-04-2017, 10:31 PM.
      Mike
      μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Working...
      X