Replace High Pressure Fuel Filter 2007 DF140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replace High Pressure Fuel Filter 2007 DF140

I need to replace the high pressure fuel filter in on my 2007 DF140. Other than the requirement for replacing every 1000 hours I could not find any instructions on how to replace it. Is it possible to replace without removing the fuel injection system and manifold?

Any help on how to get this done is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

First can suggest getting the service manual
    Covers all this
    My 175 the fuel vapor separator/ High pressure fuel pump is located starboard side front
    Doesn't require much other than removing hoses and a couple of bolts
    Art

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I have the service manual in both electronic and hard copy. I've searched for all references to the high pressure fuel filter. On page 2-17 the service manual says to replace the filter every 1000 hours but there is no procedure on actually replacing it anywhere in the manual.

My hope is that someone in the forum can give a brief synopsis on how they replaced the filter.

Thanks

Comment

My book Page 5-10 under heading "fuel system"
        It appears to be just a push on small filter
        I think it will be pretty obvious when you disassemble the pump

15642-90J00 FILTER Is the part number
        When you look up the part you can see a photo of the filter
        Art

Comment

If it's like my 03 DF140, it's about easier to pull the intake.

Comment

I just looked at the engine and it appears that if the silencer duct is removed one could remove and replace from above. Will that not work? By the, should the fuel pressure be relieved before removal?

Comment

Replace High Pressure Fuel Filter 2010 DF90A

Replace High Pressure Fuel Filter 2010 DF90A

I was about to post a similar Q/A for my DF90A
              My motor is surging @ above 2500rpm runs great @ idle but fuel starved as soon as you get on it. so im up to the High pressure filter
              Also having trouble with this as its behind the intake - the answer from a Suzuki Mech was you have to remove the FI to change it.

now with mine - I can sort of get to mine through the intake and from above - so im going to give it a shot..bought a 7 piece hose clamp pliers set on Amazon - just one clip to get and im there..

the VST tank in below in and have a screw in bleed on mine to drain the fuel
              yours should be similar
              heres an example from the DF70

pd
              -----------------------------------
              pd

2010 DF90A

Comment

ive taken my high pressure filter and vst tank out the top without removing manifold. I relieve the pressure like the book calls for and then remove the silencer. From that point I just loosen the bolts and remove the filter right out the top. For the vst its a little more involved and a couple special wrenches needed. Nothing hard at all on my 2007 df115. Good luck
                2005 Carolina Skiff DLX 2007 Suzuki DF 115 4 Stroke

Comment

Thanks SeaDuck - exactly what I was hoping for. And it's what the service folks said where I just bought the filter.

Will let the group know how it goes.

Comment

Changed out my high pressure fuel filters today. Not difficult just need the right tool to access the hose clip at the bottom of the filter. I also had to replace 3 hose clips on each engine during the filter replacement.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi, new to the forum. I see discussion on replacing the filter. Any of you have experience replacing high pressure fuel pump inside the VST?

Comment

Working...
                      X