No announcement yet.

Suzuki SDS diagnostic tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe if we knew more about what, exactly, it was trying to do when you press the "Update Database" button, it might possibly lead to a solution (hack).

I see that the Windows 10 install copies a bunch of SE00xx.dbf files to the c:\Users\Public\Public Documents\SDS\DB\Sys folder (they're in a slightly different place on Win XP).

There is an SDS.ini file in the root directory of the install that says the "DataPath=C:\Users\Public\Documents\SDS" ( which is not exactly the same path where the files are created in the Windows 10 install). I have actually tried to "fix" that by creating a plain "Documents" folder on my Windows 10 path instead of the "Public Documents" folder to put the install files in but Win 10 will not let you create that folder, saying that it already exists.

So, what is the update trying to do? What file is it that it cannot find? Is it a file on the CD or is it one or all of the SE00xx.db files the install created in the DataPath?

Any Ideas?

Comment

Or, it could be that we need another disk which has the database install on it...and that may be the whole problem. Because instruction 7 says to "7. Insert the SDS database disk (compact disk) into the CD-ROM drive of your PC.". The previous instructions at the beginning of the install say to "2. Insert the install disk for SDS Ver.8.00 into your
      CD-ROM drive."

Comment

Greg Moore...thanks for that. I ended buying a Searon WZXHM-SRT010A universal hour meter ($19.99) and wired to the ignition, tie wrapped behind the dash. Now I can just check on it now and then to keep track of hours for maintenance purposes.

Comment

Working...
        X