No announcement yet.

Another NMEA question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for curiosity, when I mount a Sonichub2 (with 2 USB ports) is it possible to run updates from a stick with one of those ports?

Compatible displays will need to be upgraded to work with SonicHub2. This update will be available in Q4 of 2015 and will be announced on the appropriate brand web pages when it is ready. The SonicHub2 will not start shipping until the software update is available for public download. • In the future a software update may be made available for the SonicHub2, if so the update will be posted on the individual brand websites under the downloads or software section for the SonicHub2 –

To update follow these steps
    1. Copy the software “SW_Update” folder to the root (update folder must not be in any other folder) directory of a properly formatted USB drive
    2. Insert the USB drive into one of the two USB ports on the SonicHub2 module
    3. From your connected Multi ‐ Function Display navigate to the Network “Device List”
    4. Highlight the SonicHub2 in the Device list and tap the screen or press enter to select it
    5. Press the “Upgrade” button on the screen or use the keypad to highlight and select it.
    1. At this point the upgrade process is automatic
    2. A typical update will run through at least two status bars
    3. Do not remove the USB drive until the status of the update shows all updates to be 100% complete
    Looks like it should be possible to update things this way? If so then I don't have to switch SD cards with the Go7?
    Regards, Martin
    DF200 2007

Comment

Dont know. Maybe!

Hopefully you wont need to change interface versions any more!

Comment

The interface versions not I suppose. But updates for the GO7 should be nice. Will check in the future when everything is installed. Routing the cables is a nightmare and the last couple of days it was freezing hard. Was not in the mood to do anything
        Regards, Martin
        DF200 2007

Comment

GO7 has wifi, updates generally can be easily done that way!

Anyway, good luck, le5 me know how it goes. Hope the big chill doesnt cause you too many issues over there!

Comment

correct , if you use the gofree app there are a few things you need to know, but normal it's very easy. just updated mine go5 . but keep in mind that not al update's are better. i find the new layout not as easy to work with as the old one , and i dont think you have an autopilot and radar on your boot. which are supported now i heard.

Comment

The support of radar with the GO7 is only for the new model GO7XSR. The GO7XSE doesn't support it.
              Regards, Martin
              DF200 2007

Comment

Also I just heard that GO models that have yellow ethernet port can now be unlocked, for a fee of around $500US, to give full ethernet connectivity.

Comment

Today I did some cable routing. From engine to the inside of the boat (hardest) and backbone cable from back of the boat till the front. Only the transducer cable has to be routed to the front but that is easy. Bought the Lowrance transducer extension cable so only have to route it to the front. There connect the two ends together.

Remove the cabling to make some room to route the extension to the inside. The second picture shows the speed tube and the fuel line still connected

20180309_142543.jpg
                  20180309_142634.jpg

All loose, then straighten the cable to easy route the cable

20180309_143531.jpg

There it is!
                  20180309_144625.jpg

And after that, put everything back together. Hardest part was to put all the cables back in the rubber piece
                  20180309_153703.jpg

Tomorrow I'll do the connections and make this a clean installation.
                  Regards, Martin
                  DF200 2007

Comment

Some pictures from today's work

20180310_123956.jpg
                    20180310_123938.jpg
                    20180310_135448.jpg
                    20180310_140312.jpg
                    20180310_141038.jpg
                    Regards, Martin
                    DF200 2007

Comment

20180310_171547.jpg
                      20180310_162425.jpg
                      20180310_171652.jpg
                      20180310_171741.jpg
                      20180310_164619.jpg
                      Regards, Martin
                      DF200 2007

Comment

Cable routing and small details are done. Only have to mount the transducer. Fount some pvc 25mm thick. Cut out a piece and sanded the boat to the gel coat. Used Sikaflex to glue the piece to the boat. In that I will screw the bracket for the transducer. So if I want to remove the transducer there are no holes left in the boat.

Also updated the Go7 XSE to the new software version.

20180330_144649.jpg
                        20180330_145237.jpg
                        20180330_153028.jpg
                        20180330_153032.jpg
                        Regards, Martin
                        DF200 2007

Comment

Have a problem with my 2012/13 DF 140 efi , Has 70hrs on it . Starts great and idles and runs very well up to 2500rpm ,above this I get frequent intermittent drops in rpm's up to 4-500 , she keeps going as the rpm kicks back up . It is as if a switch is being shut off and on repeatedly . Duration is anywhere from 1 sec to 10 sec . Sometimes only a slight hesitation . Had a reputable shop determine it was the stator which was replaced but problem persisted . Old was reinstalled. Has anyone had similar experience? . Suggestions as to what it might be ? Thanks for any input

Comment

Better to open a separate topic for this issue. Go to the forum main page ( http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/f...rd-parts-forum ) and select In the left top corner "+ New Topic"

Regards, Martin
                            DF200 2007

Comment

Working...
                            X