Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF 115 gear shifter bushing

Hi
    I have 2003 DF 115 (twins) and the gears wont engage forward or reverse. With the lower unit off and manually turning the shifter they do engage. With the cable off, the shifter is very stiff and not fully rotating the clutch rod. It appears that the bushing is corroded. Mechanic says the power head has to come off to change it; $800/side! Any ideas comments would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    SR

It is best to pull shift out inspect, clean and regrease bushing, probably salt corrosion.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Suzuki DF 115 gear shifter bushing

Thanks for answering; is it possible to get the shifter and the bushing out without taking off the power head?
      Thanks

Comment

OSKI sometimes it's difficult to understand the full story, so what you're saying is that both engines have acquired the same corroded bushing at the same time or just one. You need to be more specific so the members can get your problem sorted out

Comment

Originally posted by Oski946 View Post
          Thanks for answering; is it possible to get the shifter and the bushing out without taking off the power head?
          Thanks
          Yes it is on my 03 DF140s. I can't imagine it being any different on your 115s. Your mechanic is mistaken or trying to take advantage of you.

Comment

Yes it happened to both engines within a short period of time. The boat was sitting on a lift for quite a few months in the Fl heat. Ok, so my mechanic managed to get the old bushings off (without taking off the heads) and replaced them and both engines now shift easily and smoothly. Cost me about $1000. I called around and was quoted even higher than that; 10 hours of labor per engine. Thanks for listening!

Comment

Working...
            X