1997 9.9 suzi stalling at idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 9.9 suzi stalling at idle

Recently bought this motor from a used engine guy. It was all gone through and runs great. Till I was on the pond and I let it idle for a while. It would stall out. No problem. One pull fired up. Till today. I had issues re starting. Eventually Would start after choking and un choking. . I have one of the west marine ventless tanks. (3gal). It has expanded from heat. I'm guessing the tank is causing this issue. Any input? I'm going to get a regular vented tank off eBay and see what happens. Has anyone had issues with these tanks with carbureted engines?

Probably not the tank vent that's causing problem, you can remove gas cap and if runs ok with cap off then that would be the problem. May need to remove and clean carb.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

I agree, it sounds like some problem with carb. In cleaning, note what any adjustments are before removal air-mix screw, etc., and try to notice if there is any trash, or particles in the carb (this could help tell us how your problem began), or if something else needs to be looked at.

Also, when cleaning, the air and fuel pas-sages need to be blown out well with compressed air to make sure they are clear.

Do you have a service manual?

Good luck, post back when able to let us know what you do.

Comment

Working...
      X