Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMEA 2000 Network Issue

Hi

I've recently bought suzuki 140hp 2016 engine and using my Garmin 750s to read engine fuel rate and other things like engine temperature and rpm. Put in NMEA 2000 cable and all.
    The thing is it reads the rpm but the reading for fuel rate or engine temp and others comes on for a few seconds and goes off after a few seconds. Been advised to update the garmin software but no change when done.

Has anyone had this issue and how did they resolve it.

Any advice would be great too thanks
    Last edited by Sea junkie; 07-01-2017, 02:13 AM.

Several things spring to mind

1. The initial configuration of the Suzuki network can ONLY be done using a Suzuki SMIS or C-10 gauge, or by a Lowrance or Simrad display (eg a HDS or Simrad) MFD. This config process involves doing a boat setup - in your case you would set it as 1 engine/ 1 fuel tank, centre engine, and then set the tank capacity.

Did you do that? (Do not ask me if this can be done in the Garmin because it cannot)

2. Software for the interface cable and engine year need to be aligned. For a 2016 year engine, you need a interface cable running software version 3.5.0. The part number for the correct cable ends in -350.

Is your interface cable Version 3.5.0??

3. Data sources: with all devices turned on, in the Garmin network device list, see if you can do an auto-select of data sources. i know that this can be done in Lowrance and Simrad units and I assume something similar can be done in Garmin. This process resets data sources for the network and often fixes weird data disappearing problems. Try this even if #1 above hasnt been done, you might get lucky.....

Comment

Working...
    X