2000 dt200 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 dt200 question

After a long day of running a 2000 dt200 which included some trolling close to idle speeds I noticed some residue leaking from the engine. I may be wrong but I believe its an exahust port for the propeller shaft. It pushes out water when I flush the motor.

The first picture was 3 days after I flushed the engine. The next picture was about an hour after I cleaned it up and the last one was 5 days after flushing the motor.

It smells like burned oil and gas. As far as I know it's not gear lube because this is light brown to dark brown.

Could this be due to running rich or having the fuel oil mixture build up in the float bowls? I don't know much about 2-strokes so I would appreciate any clarification.
    Attached Files

this appears to be a weep hole for a cavity that may trap water/ other fluids. exhaust on 2 strokes does have burnt oil, and some goes out the exhaust, this is not abnormal, unless a grommet or seal is allowing exhaust into a water cavity area.

next time you replace the water pump, (lower unit is off) shoot water, or air into that hole to locate that cavity, then you can tell if exhaust gets to it.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X