carburettor 2014 DF6 float spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carburettor 2014 DF6 float spring

the carburettor on my 4 stroke outboard is a walbro LMJ-49, which according to the parts list has a small float spring which I lost when dismantling and cleaning it. I have been told that it is not an essential component for efficient running of the motor, Can someone confirm that this is the case, and perhaps advise me regarding the function of this spring ?

From the pic in the parts page, that spring looks like it assists the float &/or, needle valve to prevent sticking, when run low on fuel, evaporation, etc. The spring should come in a new needle valve kit, if not, then should sell separately.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks Solarman .. Fitting of the spring- the coiled and bent end fits around the float post and pin whilst the straight leg of the spring seems to sit onTOP of the float under a small amount of tension - is this your understanding ?

Comment

I can only see so much from parts page. I have not worked on your particular model carb. Many carbs, but not yours. Most of the springs I've seen in this area have been connecting the float to the needle valve, assisting the needle valve from sticking, or bouncing when close to full bowl and wot conditions.

If as you say, it connects/assists the float, then i would think it performs similarly at WOT, the chamber is full of fuel, vibrations/ boat bouncing/ fuel is flowing in as fast as able, and the spring tension on the float would prevent a bouncing affect keeping float stable to do it's job.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Comment

Working...
        X