2014 Suzuki df60 Fuel Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Suzuki df60 Fuel Leak

I have a 2014 Suzuki df60 and today after a 12 mile run I noticed gas in the water surrounding my, this is after it was turned off. After docking on my return trip I saw gas POURING out of the bottom of the exhaust housing on the outside of the motor. I removed the housing an found what I believe to be the source of the leak. It is a hose running from the port side of the motor and directly beneath the exhaust housing. Can anyone tell me what this is and why it is doing this? Thanks in advance.
    suzukihose.jpg
    suzuki_leak.jpg

9 out of 10 it's an overflow from the carb (you don't have) or VST. Needle valve from float that is sticking. It's a bit hard to see where the hose is attached but it seems the VST. Is that correct?
    Last edited by Hoosmatroos; 10-02-2017, 10:23 AM.
    Regards, Martin
    DF200 2007

Comment

thats the release hose for the Vapour seperator.
      i had one case of a leaking gasket but in this case i think its the float.
      i would check it a.s.a.p. because one of the reason could be water in the fuel

Comment

I'm by no means an expert with motors, so is there an easy way to access the float or is it something I should have a mechanic take a look at?

Comment

You can drain the vsp bowl and see what is comming out of it. Taking it appart is not difficult but a secure job. With attention for details and always use new gaskets

Comment

first this is not the overflow hose from the fuel vapor separator
            that hose goes to the crankcase
            the hose you mention comes off the bottom of the housing
            the manual is silent on exactly how this works
            however it could be tied into the drain screw on the bottom of housing
            I had my unit out last week and this screw had a tapored end

before you go any further I would check the screw to be sure it is securely in place and tight
            Art

Comment

Working...
            X