Gauges for DF140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauges for DF140

Are there digital gauge options for a pair of 03 DF140? It has analog now.

Yes, these are still available:

990C0-88101 SUZUKI 4" SMIS GAUGE

You might want to read this sticky thread about how to set up the NMEA2000 network that is required for these gauges.

http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/s...-networks.html

Comment

so it's plug and play with those gauges?

Comment

Well, sort of.

The key steps are:

1. Set up a NMEA2000 network on the boat.
        2. Connect both engines to the network using interface cables and adapter cables.
        3. Install the gauges and connect them to the network.
        4. Using one of the gauges, Configure the network and complete the boat setup procedure
        5 Customise each gauge so that it shows data from each engine as required.

The details of all of this are in the document in the sticky thread linked in my previous reply. You REALLY need to read that.

Comment

This sure makes is seem like just putting an in-dash Garmin unit, like a 1040xs, and using it for double duty for nav/engine gauges.

Comment

You can use a suitable Garmin MFD instead of the Gauges.

But, you still have to complete the same steps as outlined above, except step 3 changes to "install and connect your Garmin MF display".

If you go that way (with a Garmin MFD) you still need to use a Suzuki SMIS gauge to configure the network (step 4) and once that is done the SMIS can be removed drom the network.

If however you use a Lowrance or Simrad display instead of Garmin, you can use them to configure the network. (Only Navico displays can configure the network). And unless the network is configured, you wont get engine and fuel data to work properly.

Thats the last I will say - because the whole idea of writing the article in the sticky thread that I linked earlier was to set out what is involved in this stuff so I didnt have to answer the same questions a thousand times.

Please read that article before asking any more questions.

Comment

Will do, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
                Yes, these are still available:

990C0-88101 SUZUKI 4" SMIS GAUGE

You might want to read this sticky thread about how to set up the NMEA2000 network that is required for these gauges.

http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/s...-networks.html
                What will these gauges show you?

Comment

Please read the sticky thread linked earlier. All the answes to that and many other questions are there!

Comment

Working...
                  X