Am replacing engine holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am replacing engine holder

To keep this short, I have an 07, DF140. I developed a hole in the engine holder compartment that goes to the engine mount bolts.
    I have ordered a replacement engine holder and now an concerned I may have ordered the wrong part number. I ordered the 51110-90840-OEP. Now I wonder if I should have ordered the 51110-90842-OEP.
    This agravates the crap out of me. When I ordered the holder I have them my model and serial number. I guess I was thinking Boats.net would have mention the 90842 is replacing the 90840, which still has the plug.
    What can I do with this?

Boats.net rocks

My holder was supposed to arrive today, but holiday season have things delayed a day.
    Was just looking at my shipping confirmation and parts number. Boats.net sent the newest part for engine holder xxx-90842. How sweet is that?
    Oh thank goodness. My engine holder delima days are over.

Comment

I don't think it matters which one you order, the old part number just refers to the latest version in the parts list.

Comment

Curious about what's involved in replacing that engine holders. I might be ready to do the same. The steel plug corrosion issue patch might not last. Let me know how it goes.

Comment

Not too bad to replace engine holder. Bought holder from here. $804. It had the seals and bearings installed. The corrosion that got me was on the side opposite the plug ate a hole into where the holder bolts attach. If you have and engine lift you don't have to remove all the electrical stuff. The only tricky thing was taking a part off the old holder, which required heat. I didn't know and mucked up the part. The manual didn't tell me. Done deal now. Not bad withe the manual. Plus you can change all of the water tubing.

Comment

Working...
          X