Gear Oil Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear Oil Change

I need to change my gear oil and wondering if I need to buy a new adapter to screw into the oil fill hole. I have a 2014 20hp suzuki that I have the adapter and used to change the oil on the 20hp. My new Suzuki is a 2017 200hp. My question is will the same adapter that works on the 20hp work on the 200hp?

Check the Parts section above but it appears that the drain bolts are different sizes.

Comment

I do see its a different part number. However, my dealer said the same adapter would fit both the 20hp and the 200hp. With the drain plugs having different part number I'm questioning that answer.

Comment

Trust your dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by Murray View Post
          Trust your dealer.
          Well the dealer was wrong. I went to do the oil change today and the 20hp adapter is smaller then the 200hp. Now my weekend to use the boat is shot.

Comment

Can you not use the tappered end of the gear oil cap and squeeze it in? Admittedly it's a little messy but it will get you on the water.

Comment

Should be not to hard to get the oil in. If you use the smaller adapter, just hold it in by hand. May be a little is spilled . If you remove the adapter, can you turn in the base screw?
              Regards, Martin
              DF200 2007

Comment

Working...
              X