Reed valve question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reed valve question

I have a Dt65 1990. Had a lot of issues all sorted due to this forum. Now to the next issue.
    My question is this.

On the motor I have, is it possible for the reed valve to make its way into piston if it gets sucked into Crank case after breaking off. Whats the odds of it getting down the intake into firing chamber ?

I took out carb after noticing it not run right on top cylinder / carb to find reed valve gone. No trace.
    Ive removed the reed valve plates, looked around behind in there and do not see it.

Could it have came out the exhaust. ?
    I dont see anything in through spark plug hole, dont see it there either.

Ive ordered new reed valve but concerned about missing bit

If the reed valve broke into pieces it might pass, but most likely it is stuck in the intake side of the cylinder, probably blocking the intake ports, or restricting those ports. If it made it to the cylinder, there will be damages.

Each cylinder is sealed from intake to exhaust, generally it would be right in front of reed intake housing.

Good luck. Post back what you find out.

Comment

Any ideas the best way to check the intake housing. Not sure where thats located.
      I took reed valve off and can see behind it into crank case right up to the back of the piston, but I dont see anything.
      Where are the intake ports located ?
      Can I see directly at them with flash light.

If they are sealed. Would the bit not be in the crank case and is there any way for it to make it into another cylinder or will it stay in the cylinder that has the broken valve.
      Sorry im not a mechanic. Im just have a go.

Comment

How big is the piece that broke off, are there more pieces?
        Did you find any pieces, you need to recover every piece, otherwise, there's no telling when / or if / it will damage your motor.

Good luck.

Comment

If lucky it could pass by and blow out if the pieces are small enough. It could even blow out on the intake side in rare cases.

Do you have an endoscope? You can inspect it more thoroughly. It could (partially) block the transfer ports.
          Regards, Martin
          DF200 2007

Comment

Tganls for the replys. Im getting a lend of a scope to double check inside spark hole for any bits. Its about an inch long and 2 cms wide. I think its still in one piece somewhere, as I dont see any bits at all in the crank case.

Comment

Stop making additional posts for same problems, same motor, we cannot post multiple times for same questions. Or follow multiple posts. STICK TO ONE POST, FOR ALL YOUR QUESTIONS, especially for the same MOTOR!!

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
              X