Kill switch question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kill switch question

As always you guys are big help and hopefully someone can answer this quick question.
    Dt65 cdi oil injection , electric ignition 1990.
    My kill switch doesnt work. Got one of the lanyard kill switches to wire in as old one is nackered.
    Does anyone know what color of wires I should wire the new one up to. The new one has 2 wires, black and red.
    Anyone know where or what colours the wires should go.
    Thank in advance

One of the wires is going to ground (black) and the other to one of the wires from the CDI. It works simple. When the kill switch is activated (no lanyard) it connects the wire from the CDI to ground. Then there is no ignition. When you use the lanyard the switch is interrupted and ignition is possible.

Just follow the leads from the old kill switch.
    Regards, Martin
    DF200 2007

Comment

Anyone any idea what colour the wire from the cdi is.
      Il try taking the throttle controls off and see inside if I can tell what wire is the old one.

Comment

Stop making additional posts for same problems, same motor, we cannot post multiple times for same questions. Or follow multiple posts. STICK TO ONE POST, FOR ALL YOUR QUESTIONS, especially for the same MOTOR!!

Good luck.

Comment

Sorry , just didn't want to confuse the other post, this one I started as a seperate issue. As the last one got a bit long.

I figured kill switches can be generically talked about. Rather than just on my engine.
          Which may have a better response from anyone not interested in reading up the DT65 story and may simply know about the kill switch.

Just tried to keep it on one topic at a time, and a shorter read for anyone who may have a bit of info.

Comment

Working...
          X