Wiring an Auxiliary Battery to a DF300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring an Auxiliary Battery to a DF300

After my kids left the docking lights on during the day and stranded us with a flat battery 10km down the river, I decided to make use of the auxiliary charging circuit on the DF300 and requested my dealer to install an additional battery. The idea being that I'd have one dedicated for starting and one to run all the other electrical circuits. In addition I requested that they install battery isolator switches on both batteries to ensure no drainage when the boat was not in use. The job was done, but now I seem to have more problems and I suspect that it has not been wired correctly.

The problem now seems that although the batteries appear to be receiving a charge when the motor is on, as putting a volt meter on them indicates +/-14v, after a week of non-use, and despite the isolators being engaged, the battery does not have enough life in it to start the motor. I suspect that they have wired in such a way that they each battery is only receiving a partial charge.

Can anyone provide a clear diagram and instructions of how the auxiliary battery should be wired up. Can mail me at james@ece.co.za

Many thanks,

James

If the batteries are going dead with battery switches turned off then there is a short or a circuit still drawing amperage. Your dealer should have the diagram to match whatever isolator he used in boat.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

battery solution

On my boat i put a continuos solenoid after my eng battery.When my eng is running all batterys charge.when shut down it only draws on the other batterys,leaving the eng alone. Only use a continos solenoid.

Comment

Working...
      X