Problem with my 2010 Suzuki DF175

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with my 2010 Suzuki DF175

Hello all!! This is my first post on this Forum and I am the new owner of a Suzuki df175. I took delivery this morning with a fresh repower from a Mercury 2Stroke. *** what an improvement just on sound and smell alone!!! Anyways I ran it on the lake with the dealers mechanic and the motor ran beautiful. We were very careful to abid by the break-in schedule and I only have 1hr on the motor. When I got home from the lake I wanted to show my father how quiet the engine was even when its not in the water. So I hooked up the rabbit ears and fired the engine no problem. Ran the engine for 15min and shut it off. My father jumps in the boat and starts looking around and wants to fire up the engine for himself. So we made sure the water was running and i said "Go Ahead and Fire It Up" Well before the key could cycle completely and before the buzzer stopped buzzzing he fired the engine and the engine revved up to 1500RPM then shut off. Then going back to his old 2stokre days he pushes the key in and fires it again without letting the key cycle at all. So the engine would fire then die until he gave the engine some throttle and it finally fired..revved .. and stayed running. After that we had no issues and the motor ran fine. I am wondering how important it is to let the key cycle completely??? Also was any damage done to the engine??? Any and all comments are very much appreciated!!

When you first turn key on it runs the self test and wont cause any problems if start engine up before it runs test. You shouldn't have to give it any throttle when starting, if you do it will probably be hard to start.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Gotta love fuel injection.No more choking.No more finding that "sweet spot" on the throttle to get ol besie to fire up.Congrats on your new purchase your gonna love it.

Comment

Working...
      X