DF 115 Flooding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF 115 Flooding

Hello All, new to this forum and was hoping for some much needed help. I have a 2002 DF115 and here was the scenario that happened. After some typical maintanence for the onset of the new boating season. When I left the harbor the engine was running flawlessly. About 9 miles out of port I noticed that the engine was starting to bog at the bottom of the swells and would pick back up to running RPM (4500). Approximately 5-10 minutes of this hapenning you could tell that the motor was really getting loaded up with fuel so I backed off the throttle and then the motor just died. After a nice tow in I did some investigating. The motor after sitting an hour or so will start right up but only run for a couple of minutes.I found that the MAP sensor was considered bad (voltage out of limits) so I then replaced both the sensor and plugs. The motor started right up but it will run for 5-10 minutes (which is about twice as long as before) then it loads up and dies. No codes are being displayed. Could it be that I got a bad MAP sensor or something else. Another question what should the working fuel pressure be on after the high pressure fuel pump. Thanks in advance for your help and input.

Probably need to check fuel pressure, should be 36 psi at idle.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Thats what I was thinking. I did check the fuel pressure and it was close to around 60psi if I remember correctly. What would be the cause? Typically it seems when fuel pumps go bad the pressure drops. Any other thoughts would be much appreciated as I'm at my wits end. Thanks again.

Comment

I doubt if it is flooding

There is fuel relief valve in the vst that regulates the fuel pressure But i would be checking fuel filters and flow to engine before ripping this out .
        SEE 12
        There,s no codes you should of been getting codes with the map sensor ?

low pressure filter , high pressure filter how long since they have been changed there is also a fuel filter on the bottom of the high pressure fuel pump in the vst .

SEE 8A

no kinks in fuel line breather on fuel tank is that ok

HAVE A LOOK HERE

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Su...TOR/parts.html
        Last edited by mitch; 03-28-2010, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Mitch. After the engine starts to load up and eventually dies. I let the motor cool and check the spark plugs. The result is all (4) look identical and have a dark black wet sooty appearance. If I clean the plugs and let the cylinders air out for about 10 minutes it will fire right back up and do the same exact thing. If I don't give it time to "air out" the motor will won't start up at all. I've checked the filters and yes I agree that they need to be changed but there is no blockage as I can easily blow through them in both directions. I don't believe that this is the root of the problem. Maybe I'm just looking too hard into it.

Comment

Working...
          X