1988 dt 140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 dt 140

runs like a champ out of the water but when in the water under load motor dies any ideas?

Check compression and do a spark test, probably needs to have carbs cleaned.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Dt 140

Compresson was good ..cleaned carbs and now the boat will run around 50mph ..but at idle it misses and cuts off ..anyone no the ajustments on the carbs...its like it has a bad caugh

Comment

Carbs still have blockage in low speed jets or passages in carb, it's running too lean at low speed.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

dt140

cleaned carbs again still same issue ...smokes alot now..does anyone know what the rich and lean settings should be ..i also put in new plugs and am not sure of the gap ..any help would be appresiated im fighting a loosing battle here i think..thanks

Comment

Your Plug gap is .031-.035

With the adjustment screwed all the way in until lightly seated, back it out 1.0 -1.5 turns

Let us know how you make out with it. When you say you cleaned the carbs, did you take them off, disassemble, soak and rebuild or did you just spray or run some cleaner thru them?

Rick

Comment

i took the carbs off soaked them then blew out all the jets ...i also took the oiler off and mix my own gas ...on the bottom carb there is an electric part that plugs into a harness im asuming that is what controlls the idle speed has a swith on side that says slo to fast idle ...im stumped thanks for any help ...

Comment

have you checked the reed valves while you had the carbies off

Comment

Working...
                X