Hours on a 2000 70HP 4 stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hours on a 2000 70HP 4 stroke

Ive been told that the tach will jump when you turn the key on and that what it goes up to is a round about number, then ive been told that its has something to do with the beeps. I know that I can have the computer hooked up to it but my trailer is not in the best condition right now..im in the process of replacing the axle. Is there any way to find out the hours without taken the boat to a dealer?

Thanks

Have a look in your operator s manual you are right about the tach jumping I do not have my manual here at the moment ...to explain it to you

Comment

Not yet..I just bought the boat..its a 97 and the motor is a 2000. I havnt got a manual yet. I just was going to see if anybody had ran into this before or knew something about it. Also does the wire harness have alot of connectors that just dont go anywhere?

Comment

yep there is a few ................. do have temp gauge and trim gauge

Comment

I have a temp gauge..not sure about the trim one tho...it blinks like 4 or 5 times...

Comment

Also what should the compression be on this motor? I know that you have to put it wide open and crank like 3 times, and I know that there shouldnt be anymore than like 5psi to 10psi difference.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X