DF20A battery charging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF20A battery charging

I have a new DF20A, remote, electric start, power tilt motor. The motor is going on a small power cruiser. I want to run the outboard charging circuit and solar panel charging through a Flexcharge nc25a charge controller. Flexcharge actually has a diagram of this set up using a solenoid to bypass the controller just during ignition. This was my plan until I realized that the power tilt motor also required battery connection. Flexcharge suggested that I run a separate wire from the charging source at the engine thus removing the need for a solenoid etc. The modification would separate the charging circuit from the battery cable and go straight to the controller. Anyway I have looked at the wiring diagrams for this engine and it looks like this may or may not be possible. it is complicated because the fuel injection also runs off the charging circuit. It looks like it may be possible to come off the battery relay but my knowledge level is just enough to get me into trouble. If there is no easy way to do this it is possible to hook up the outboard normally and just run the solar panel through the controller.

Working...
X