Old 5hp suzuki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old 5hp suzuki

I am the owner of a 5hp twin pot 2 stroke Suzuki outboard of 1983 vintage which up till last year had run like a watch. Unfortunately age destroyed the water pump housing. Undeterred I thought I would source new parts. In the UK not a hope in hell. So googled and found Browns point marine of New Jersey USA. What a tremendous company. Open the page and you will have the parts drawings for engines back to 1979 and the beauty is most of the parts are still available. Cutting short I ordered the new housing which was delivered in short order, unfortunately I did not realise that a seal was required between housing/clutch rod and gear box, hence water in box. Consulted parts chart and identified part, thought, I have the part numbers so try local dealer in South Wales. Answer YES there was a part available, in JAPAN, didn't think it worth the bother to get it because of age of motor, end of that. Went home typed out the parts list and purchased same from Browns point marine total cost of $14 plus postage $18. The order placed July 9th recieved order today July15.
    It seems that the Uk dealers only believe in NEW do not repair.
Working...
X