Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT75 Starting/Idling/Full throttle issues

Hi All,

Im pretty new to outboards but hoping to get to know this one pretty well.

I have recently purchased a small boat with a DT75 outboard.
    Overall i'm pretty happy with how its going considering how much I paid for it but I want to make sure I am taking the correct measures to maintain the outboard as best I can.

Currently the motor will not start without using some carburetor spray. But with some spray there are no problems, Once it starts for the most part there isnt an issue with restarts once she is warmed up. What would be the main concern here?

The motor can struggle to idle for the first few minutes, but after 5mins or so it runs pretty well, or at least appears to, to the best of my knowledge.

My final concern is that when pushed pretty hard on the throttle after a few mins an alarm is set off. If I pull back a touch the alarm stops. The rpm gauge has been disconnected so I am not sure at what rpm this occurs but its got to be towards the end of the scale.

The motor was originally oil injection however the guy I bought it off, said he had just used pre-mix as the guy he bought it off had disconnected it claiming it wasnt reliable.

Any advice with any of the above would be greatly appreciated.

Motor serial 07501 607255

Thanks,

P
Working...
X